Standards for File Preparation
CHROMIRA DIRECT DIGITAL PRINTS — FILE PREPARATION
2. Files that require additional computer time to make print ready will incur additional cost at $75 per hour
3. Print sizes should be at final output size or proportional to final output dimensions. If more than one size format is used e.g.: 20x24 and 40x60, include properly cropped files for each format.
4. Flatten images and remove all extra channels.
5. The optimum TIF file resolution of the Chromira is 300 ppi but good results are possible from lower resolutions. If more than one size is needed from the same file, choose the resolution for the largest size. If you are submitting digital camera files, there is no need to increase resolution; we will do that for you.
6. For increased compatibility with us, please use Adobe RGB (1998) as your Working Color Space in Adobe PhotoShop. Files in sRGB are also quite acceptable.
7. We accept files on CD or DVD, and electronically.
SPECIAL NOTE: Ours is a high-resolution photographic process. To ensure quality, please double-check your work by viewing files on your monitor at 100%-200% and closely checking all elements of the document, especially type.
INKJET PRINTS — FILE PREPARATION
WALLPAPER FILE SETUP
When building wallpaper files, all panels must have extra image area (approximately 1”) on the top and bottom. On a Left Panel add 1 inch minimum to the left side and on a Right Panel add 1 inch minimum to the right side. Please take measurements at various places on the walls to be covered to allow for rooms out of square and the unevenness of counter tops, etc that we might hang paper around.
DIGITAL COLOR MANAGEMENT
We have taken an important step beyond most labs and have installed a comprehensive color management system. The MonacoOPTIX system gives us the ability to profile scanners, monitors and output devices (Chromira and Inkjet) so we are able to profile scanners for specific devices and then output exactly what we see on our monitors. If you intend to retouch/enhance some or all of your files, we strongly recommend that you at least invest in a monitor profile builder to properly profile your monitor.
Several monitor-profiling programs are available. We are using MonacoOPTIX and are very pleased with the results. The program consists of software and an X-Rite DTP 92 colorimeter and sells for approximately $300. Output profiles are available for soft proofing in Photoshop. Please let us know if you need help finding a source for these programs.
If you choose not to purchase monitor profiling at the present, or if you would like a calibration file and match print to adjust or finalize your settings to our system, please contact our Customer Service department. This kit will allow you to view a file in Photoshop and see an actual print from that file made on the Chromira. The kit also contains suggestions on how to calibrate your monitor using Adobe Gamma.
Our standard Working Color Space in Photoshop is Adobe RGB (1998). We strongly suggest you work in and save your work in that space as well as make that your default.
FTP YOUR FILES TO MID-SOUTH
Please use an FTP Client application to access the Mid-South FTP Server.
Here is a small list of popular clients:
Mac: Fetch, FileZilla, Cyberduck, Transmit
PC: FileZilla, Cute FTP, WS_FTP
Please contact us for FTP settings.
The upload speed depends largely on your connection to the Internet. For larger files, we suggest that you have high speed Internet service.